Quality assurance for global housewares retailer
Automation testing had never been fully adopted by this client, which meant that quality assurance (QA) was a highly manual affair. Moreover, the QA team was comprised primarily of non-technical testers, resulting in long QA cycles with middling results.
Specific organizational & technical challenges included:
- Lack of automation testing and continuous integration
- Regression strategies were not well aligned with Agile release best practices
- Non-technical testers
- Low confidence in caliber of testing activities and their results from internal brand stakeholders
Avenue Code worked with this client to adopt automation testing within their IT organization. This engagement included the introduction of an automation toolkit – specifically, an open source solution that supported web services testing, web application browser-based and web services testing, mobile automation, and a high degree of extensibility & customization. Avenue Code also delivered documentation for standards/best practices as well as trained the QA team in their use.
- Transformation from a manual QA team to a QE organization
- Release cycle durations reduced by 50%
- Week-long manual release regression testing cycles reduced to 4 hours of automation testing
- Increased stakeholder confidence in the quality of code being introduced into production