Organizational parity at upscale department store
This client was actually two: sister companies within a larger organizational construct. One company had an established IT organization and financial incentives to promote eCommerce, while the other had neither. Results of software development initiatives weren’t shared, and both companies maintained independent infrastructures, increasing annual costs and decreasing the pace of positive change.
Specific organizational & technical challenges included:
- Lack of shared IT/eCommerce resources
- No common roadmap shared across both companies
- Inconsistent delivery capabilities
Avenue Code worked with this client to create a strategic infrastructure plan that covered both companies. Introduction of concurrent product and project managers ensured alignment of development initiatives, while adoption of a mutual Agile approach allowed business and technical stakeholders to both collaborate more effectively and adapt to mutual business requirements as needed.
- Overall IT capital expense spend decreased by $40 million per year
- Reduction of IT operating expense reduced by 60%
- Project portfolio delivery increased by 300% across both companies