Organizational parity at upscale department store
This client was actually two--sister companies within a larger organizational construct. One company had an established IT organization and financial incentives to promote e-commerce, while the other had neither. Results of software development initiatives weren’t shared, and both companies maintained independent infrastructures, increasing annual costs and decreasing the pace of positive change.
Specific organizational & technical challenges included:
- Lack of shared IT/e-commerce resources
- No common roadmap shared across both companies
- Inconsistent delivery capabilities
Avenue Code worked with this client to create a strategic infrastructure plan that covered both companies. Introduction of concurrent product and project managers ensured alignment of development initiatives, while adoption of a mutual Agile approach allowed business and technical stakeholders to collaborate more effectively and adapt to mutual business requirements as needed.
- Overall IT capital expenses decreased by $40 million per year
- IT operating expenses were reduced by 60%
- Project portfolio delivery increased by 300% across both companies