Avenue Code is the leading software consulting company focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. Headquartered in San Francisco, with delivery offices in Brazil, New York City, Montreal and Netherlands. Our mission is to deliver extraordinary experiences. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our team.
About the opportunity:
A Senior Designer on the Design Systems team works closely with creative and
technical disciplines to create considered and elegant design systems supporting the
visual design of the company, marketing and event email communications, and select
elements outside of Interactive. This hands-on design lead role balances creativity and
logic and helps ensure a holistic approach is thoughtfully applied across platform
typography, iconography, motion, and interface elements. The ideal candidate has
strong communication and presentation skills, experience leading a small team of
designers, and contributes to positive collaboration with multidisciplinary team
members; a strong understanding of branding principles, style guides, and product
design; an elegant design aesthetic, with exceptional attention to detail; Photoshop and
Sketch expertise, with working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Strategic Designer
- • Lead fellow designers and contribute to the creation of holistic, elegant design systems
- with a high degree of polish and attention to detail.
- • Audit current implementations and identify potential areas for simplification and
- improved consistency.
- • Design with flexibility in mind, ensuring designs are accessible and adaptive to varying
- workflows, viewports, technologies, and locales.
- • Stress test designs across all possible variations and refine as needed.
- • Create prototypes to convey states, transitions, and/ or behaviors.
- • Prepare design files for final documentation. Ensure layout, typography, and specs are
- pixel perfect.
- • Communicate flexibilities and/or limitations to both designers and development, as
- • Work closely with the Retail Sr Art Director to understand design direction and help
- inform priorities.
- • Collaborate with Art Directors and larger project teams to explore and iterate on design
- • Consult with technical disciplines to ensure designs work within given limitations, and
- files are prepared with all necessary information to support the design intent.
- • Promote thoughtful and purposeful design, rather than an enforcement of rules.
- • Help define and/or improve how teams collaborate and leverage existing tools.
- • Determine the best medium and optimize design files for creative review – be it print,
- on screen visuals, prototype, or code.
- • Create presentation flows that establish and build on a foundation of design rationale.
- • Clearly articulate design rationale and any applicable limitations.
- • Participate in healthy debates to ensure design systems are as robust and considered
- as possible.
- Keen interest in championing brand identity through a balance of consistency and
- • Proficiency in the formal elements of design, with a strong focus on typography,
- balance, and proportion.
- • Systematic thinker; able to anticipate the impact of design decisions well in advance of
- their application.
- • Excellent digital file structure and asset management skills.
- • Passion for pixel-perfection and order. Unparalleled attention to detail.
- • Ability to articulate ideas verbally and digitally; be clearly understood by creative,
- product management, and development staff.
- • Ability to deliver strong design rationale and supporting files in a tight timeframe.
- • Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, creative workplace.
- Required Skills and Experience
- • Solid experience in product design (especially for web), defining or extending design
- systems, and/or working within a brand’s strict style guidelines.
- • Photoshop and Sketch expertise, including file organization, and preparation of pixel-
- perfect files for design team use.
- • Clear communication and presentation skills that speak to both creative and technical
- • Strong understanding of web development, including HTML and CSS.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder! #LI-Remote .