Avenue Code is the leading software consultancy focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor’, and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our teams.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a passionate iOS Engineer to work on an accessibility project that impacts hundreds of millions of users.
You will build rich, accessible experiences that create new forms of content and improve the mechanics and comprehension of conversations for disabled customers. You will have the opportunity to have significant ownership and impact over major user-facing features that hundreds of millions of people love to use.
You will use your in-depth knowledge of all things iOS and Accessibility to craft new features that are uniquely iOS-based.
You will work closely with designers, user researchers, data scientists, product managers, and the engineers that support the developer platform and infrastructure.
- You are an experienced mobile accessibility engineer, who works with Swift and Objective-C
- You have developed with, and are familiar with the accessibility tools and frameworks on iOS, specially Voice Over
- You're someone who excels at user-centric product development and has a real passion for making beautiful, smooth, and delightful mobile experiences as accessible as possible.
- You want to apply your knowledge of iOS to work on a small team whose work impacts millions of users every day.
- You are familiar with standard software engineering methodology, e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation.
- You are an advocate for the principles of accessibility, and build interfaces accessible to users with disabilities.
- You have empathy for your users and are interested in understanding the human impact of your work across all cultures.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder! #LI-Remote