Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
Avenue Code is in search for a hands-on Websphere Commerce Architect who is not afraid to get their hands dirty in the code. The Websphere Commerce Architect’s primary focus is to align technologies across the digital ecosystems, working with multiple teams within the Digital organization. The Architect will help define the architectural direction of all digital systems and oversee the execution of it.
- Drive high level and low level Architectural and Technical Design sessions and reviews.
- Collaborate with other enterprise architects, solution architects, security leads, developers, business partners and vendors to evaluate, design, or review enterprise digital solutions.
- Define new architectures and drive independent projects from an architectural standpoint.
- Evaluate innovative and emerging IT technologies, trends, vendors, and best practices for applicability and propose for usage within group when appropriate.
- Foster a culture of innovation in an environment that requires high levels of adaptability, scalability, reliability and security.
- Create the Digital ecosystem “to-be” technology footprint, develop roadmap and phased transition approach.
- Provide recommendations and solution that work for all applications within the Digital portfolio.
- Improvement of existing architecture frameworks in order to define, design and implement simplified, standards-based, service-oriented IT architectures.
- Optimization of logical and physical architecture approaches through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities.
- Provide expert advice on industry and Digital architecture and solution trends in analyzing and planning current and future IT needs and guidance on complex architecture challenges.
- Creation and communication of documented standards and practices regarding development, application instrumentation, integration and architecture to enable hybrid cloud and elastic-scaling system deployments.
Required Qualifications/Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent required
- 10+ years of previous related work experience required
- 3-5 years of previous experience with Digital solutions and architecture
- Expert level knowledge of IBM WebSphere Commerce platform
- Experience with a Microservices based architecture in a multitiered Ecommerce landscape for desktop and mobile
- Expert knowledge and experience with application architectures and design (such as REST)
- Prior experience with mobile apps
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!