Avenue Code is the leading software consultancy focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor’, and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our teams.
About the opportunity:
The Technical Manager will work as a member of the Leadership Team and serves as the driving force behind the delivery of multiple, concurrent business initiatives that leverage and extend our robust technical platform.
The Technical Management draws upon deep technical knowledge, years of software development experience, proven leadership skills, and ability to forge strong working relationships that cross organizational lines in order to aid us in our DevOps transition.
- Accountable for ensuring project/product delivery excellence across our entire application spectrum
- Provides leadership and direction for architects, quality assurance engineers, developers and other technologists
- Works closely with key business leaders to define strategies for business applications and processes.
- Works with business and IT leadership throughout the strategic planning process.
- Participates in the process to prioritize and scope future projects and initiatives.
- Works with business and IT leadership to prioritize support and tactical issues to address immediate business needs while maintaining strategic direction.
- Plans resource needs and allocations to support projects, initiatives, and support.
- Help in the recruitment process of bright talents
- Evaluates business needs, researches and formulates application solutions, and makes solution recommendations to the leadership team.
- Ensures service levels are understood and met.
- Proactively engages other leaders in cross-functional efforts. Openly shares plans and strives to prevent surprises for other organizations.
- Guides technical leads and other technologists to make sound decisions that support company priorities.
- Fosters open communication within and between teams.
- Communicates effectively with IT management. Keeps IT leaders apprised of any issues or concerns. Takes a 'no surprises' approach to communication within the department and with the business.
- Sets uncompromisingly high standards of performance for self and co-workers.
- Displays a strong work ethic and sense of urgency. Demonstrates strong initiative to make things happen.
- Displays a strong ambition in gaining skills and knowledge. Stays abreast of industry trends and best practices.
- Acts as a change agent, initiating appropriate changes to support business growth, reduce operational costs, and/or improve service levels.
- Ensure effective communications-up, down and across the business.
- Experience in leadership and management roles in the software industry, ideally with software development background.
- Solid experience with development;
- Strong experience in application development on the Java/J2EE platform, CI/CD frameworks and Mobile, preferably hands on experience at some point.
- Ability to hire, guide, mentor, and grow technologists and managers.
- Ability to integrate people and teams.
- Comfortable working with senior management, technical leaders, quality assurance engineers and software developers. Ability to interact with business executives in business terms.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and empower others.
- Solid commercial software engineering skills.
- Full lifecycle development experience on large projects, creating distributed and scalable Retail systems. Strong knowledge of industry standards and techniques in development and testing.
- Familiarity with a variety of SDLC methodologies (i.e. RUP, XP, Scrum, Lean, etc.)
- Proven record of process analysis and continuous improvement
- Experience with object-oriented and service-oriented systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence technical discussions and decisions.
Does this sound like you?
Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!