Avenue Code is the leading software consultancy focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor’, and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our teams.
About the opportunity:
The Java Tech Lead will work in an agile environment collaborating closely with the
development team and the client. We are looking for a Java tech lead with strong
knowledge of the business side, possess effective time management skills and can
thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment interacting on a deeper level with the
client. In this project, we are dedicated to working closely with our end-users to create
scalable and stable applications and solutions for our employees and customers. Our
users drive our priorities.
- Responsible for mentoring Java Engineers to ensure common understanding and guidance on how to implement the technologies chosen through hands-on and show-by-doing techniques.
- Passionate for building and leading great teams also responsible for developing an environment where teams will be successful by removing/ foreseeing roadblocks and fostering a culture of agility.
- Will bring deep expertise to the business side and interact with the client
- stakeholders .
- Strong leadership skills in the technology domain and a high level of drive, initiative and assertiveness, including up-leveling and mentoring engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, Business, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Experience programming with object-oriented programming.
- Experience with Java.
- Good knowledge of using Hadoop and Spark.
- Experience working with Microservices and other similar tools.
- Solid understanding of the Agile development lifecycle
- Solid understanding of software testing practices.
- Experience leading Agile product teams
- Competency in building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Advanced English
Nice to Have:
- Cloud (GCP, AWS or Azure)
- Data structures and algorithms
- Experience building scalable web applications
- Experience with Version Control systems
- Experience with Java, Core Java and J2EE
- Experience leading offshore and distributed teams
Does this sound like you?
Apply now to become an Avenue Coder! #LI-Remote