Avenue Code is the leading software consultancy focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor’, and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our teams.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a passionate Sr. Agile Coach/Transformation Manager to join our full-time team in the South Bay Area. Your role as a core leader is to drive Agile awareness, mindset, capability and evangelize adoption across the enterprise with goals to improve business outcomes while creating a highly collaborative, learning organization.
We are moving our transformational efforts from just software teams to networking and data centers. There is a broad range of skillset needed to be effective in these areas. It would be awesome if we can find a coach who has experience with Data Centers, Operations, and Software. The ideal candidate is well versed in Kanban and lean practices and should be able to create out of the box solutions.
- Create, deliver and evolve Agile training for various teams in the organization, to drive common vocabulary, tools and frameworks for business agility.
- Able to engage with and influence C level executives to embrace agile as a means of transforming.
- An Agile ambassador that promotes a clear understanding of the underlying theory and methods.
- Facilitate events and cross-functional improvement experiments to identify and drive opportunities for Agile transformation and measure their success.
- Provide guidance to business leaders and functional leaders on how to drive a culture of collaboration and learning using Agile values, mindset, principles and practices.
- Demonstrate active leadership in fusion of best practices from Lean, Design Thinking, Agility and frameworks, to improve cycle time on value delivery to customers.
- Mentor and coach teams, functions and leadership on emerging agile, lean and engineering practices.
- Ability to understand how different teams work and how Agile principles can help them. You have experience beyond Agile and are able to engage different teams (network data center team, for example), explain how Agile can contribute to their day-to-day and seamlessly lead Agile transformations/implementations.
- 5+ years' experience coaching at all levels; you should be able to connect with people at every level in the organization.
- Out of the box thinker. You are able to learn from other people's experiences and knowledge.
- Data Center and Infra experience.
- DevOps, Kanban, Scrum, Lead practices experience. At least 2 of them are required, with all 4 being awesome to have.
- Networking experience.
- Proven experience in agile advisory services and in coaching agile teams - not only product and tech teams.
- The ability to deliver thought leadership and ambassador across agile transformations.
- Excellent understanding of Agile, Lean, Design Thinking concepts, practices and tools as well as agile transformation frameworks.
- Excellent training and presentation skills with solid communication capabilities and practices, both oral and written.
- Broad strategic thinker, with clear vision and direction of world-class change management and a passion for the Agile methodologies as a strategically critical business philosophy.
- Demonstrated a keen desire to continually learn and grow and don’t believe “by the book” implementation. Motivated by successes.
- A change leader, skillful in relationship building and negotiating, able to work cross-functionally with other leaders on sensitive and/or emotive issues by demonstrating a strong “can do” attitude.
- Scrum Master Certification is required.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.