Seeking an experienced, motivated and efficient Paralegal to work with our in-house attorney on all legal matters with a primary focus on employment-based immigration and commercial contract review. The position provides an opportunity to work with a growing global company with exposure to legal systems across multiple jurisdictions and in multiple countries.
- Prepare U.S. nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions, including H-1B, L-1, TN, PERM, and AOS applications
- Compile and assist with filing of RFE responses
- Manage expiration dates and applicable deadlines of all employment-based visas
- Coordinate all PERM labor certification applications with outside counsel
- Assist with visa processes in Canada and Europe
- Monitor and respond to communications from employees
- Assist with drafting, reviewing, and finalizing commercial contracts
- 2-3 years in a law firm environment with exposure to employment-based immigration in the U.S.
- Understanding of employment-based visas and PERM process
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Legal research experience with an ability to learn new areas of the law and think creatively to solve problems
- Experience drafting and proofreading legal documents with high level of attention to detail
- Excellent client service skills with an awareness of how to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Demonstrated facility using Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records.
Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!