Avenue Code is the leading software consultancy focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor’, and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our teams.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for engineers to collaborate with users of the infrastructure of our client and architect new pipelines to improve the user onboarding experience. As part of this group, you will work with petabytes of data daily using diverse technologies like Spark, Flink, Kafka, Hadoop, and others. You will be expected to effectively partner with upstream engineering teams and downstream analytical & product consumers.
- Programming experience in Scala, Java or Python;
- Hands-on experience on batch processing (Spark, Presto, Hive) or streaming (Flink, Beam, Spark Streaming);
- Strong experience in AWS and knowledge in its ecosystem.
- Experience designing and implementing batch or real-time data pipelines
- Excellent communication skills is a must, experience working with customers directly to explain how they would use the infrastructure to build complex data pipelines.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge on Machine Learning;
- Experience in scaling and operating Kubernetes.
- Fast learner and experience with other common big data open source technologies is a big plus.
Does this sound like you?
Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.