Avenue Code is the leading software consultancy focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor’, and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our teams.
About the opportunity:
We are seeking an energetic and talented Data Engineer to deliver high value, high-quality business capabilities to our data technology platform. You will be an integral member engineering team delivering across multiple business functional areas. You will build data analysis infrastructure for effective prototyping and visualization of various data-driven approaches.
- Partner in building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, visualization, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and big data technologies.
- Design and build large and complex datasets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Optimize data storage and query performance; ensure data integrity, cleanliness, and availability; and document data sources, methodologies and test plans/ results.
- Build analytics, visualization and dashboards to provide actionable insights and key business metrics.
- Identify, design, and implement process improvements by automating and integrating manual processes for greater efficiency and scalability.
- Provide technical leadership for development of highly complex analytics/ models.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across organizations to support their data analytics needs.
- Build Communities-of-Practice in key data technologies.
- Python experience.
- AWS or any other cloud platform.
- SQL (Teradata/Redshift) experience for large datasets.
- Create and maintain data ingestion pipelines.
- Glue, Kafka, Redshift (with a focus on infrastructure-as-code).
- Collaborate on a daily basis with the product team. This includes pairing for all aspects of
- software delivery.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes,
- optimizing data delivery, and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data
- from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies."
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.