Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
Avenue Code is looking for an IT Program Manager who can help manage technology infrastructure, systems, and software development initiative. There are some key programs that require am up-lift in velocity in the area of the Secure DB. We need a Sr. Technical Program Manager (Infrastructure or Security focused) to ensure project are on track for delivery.
As an IT Program Manager you will be a partner in defining, managing adoption/roll-out and maintenance of the the project execution playbook; driving consistency with best practice processes, standards and governance; contributing to quality assurance reviews to meet organization’s quality objectives; and coordinating portfolio governance activities across all IT functional portfolios.
- At least 8+ years of Program Management and Project Management experience, with experience managing large scale cross functional projects with exposure to the end to end project life-cycle
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to lead in a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- Working within an Agile driven environment
- Experience with infrastructure deployments, customer communication (written and verbal), general project / program management is a firm requirement
- PMP Certification
- Strong understanding of different CRMs and experience in implementation of Salesforce technology or any other SaaS solutions
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Computer Science, Business Adiminstation
- Experience in implementation of Salesforce technology or any other CRM or SaaS solutions
- Direct experience with Encryption, Database internals, SAN internals
Current Project: There are 3-4 specific efforts that are required to deliver on key initiatives in the Secure DB area.
- Work with the Secure DB stakeholders, secure DB team and the K2K team to establish the use of Secure keys to enable customers to control their own encryption via secure keys.
- Working with the product team, develop a process, customer communication and training for customer to BYOK(Bring your own keys) for data encryption.
- Work with the Secure DB stakeholders and the secure DB team to determine the best course of action for file level encryption(TDE) and/or SAN based encryption.
Create and align a deployment plan for encryption method defined above:
- Create, test and execute a repeatable process for enabling encryption across all of Sandbox and Production.
- Working with the Secure DB team, Site Reliability and any other teams required to build milestones, align dependencies and create timeline for the Encryption deployment effort.
- Ensure that the encryption deployment effort is successful by deploying at least 2-3 pods proving repeatability.
- Create a playbook to pre enable encryption for any new pods/superpods being deployed.
- Ensure that any new encryption enabled efforts are incorporated into the pod group build process.
- Ensure that any new encryption enabled efforts are incorporated into the capacity add process.
- Establish a process to include encryption in standard pod and storage growth.
- Work with Site Reliability team in the creation of a playbook to address any production issues should they arise with regards to encryption.
- Work with Tier 2-3 support to create a playbook and customer communication regarding encryption, troubleshooting encryption and addressing potential issues with encryption for customers.
- Work with DB operations teams to move from a rotating DB password to leveraging K4A to ensure a deeper security posture with DB passwords.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an AvenueCoder!