Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
As an experienced Sr. QA Automation Engineer (UI), you will be part of a team responsible for validating Web/Cloud Applications, mobile web applications or native iOS/ Android software applications.
You are expected to prepare automation test scripts in Ruby and Java, fully utilizing capabilities of Selenium WebDriver with Page Object Models. You are required to develop test scripts, execute test cases, maintain documentation of test results and work closely with development engineers to resolve discrepancies.
As part of the QA function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. This position requires an individual who is creative, team-oriented, a quick learner and driven to produce results.
- Develop, Implement and Execute test plan/ test cases in an Agile SDLC environment
- Gather & analyze test requirements based on the business scenarios
- Estimate the QE work involved on the projects
- Carry out manual testing to validate user’s experience
- Develop Test Scripts for Automation, execute them, log defects and prepare test reports
- Develop regression suites
- Facilitate defect triage process and help in resolving release/ project issues
- Work with Development groups to identify and resolve problems.
- Seek out expertise, knowledge, and resources to develop solutions to problems
- Participate in technical discussions within QE team as well as with other groups associated with assigned projects
- Provide inputs to project delivery process improvements
- Provide technical help/guidance to other QE members
- Manage end to end QE delivery of the project including 3rd party integrations
- Work on additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned that will contribute towards team, department and company goals
Required Technical Skills:
- BS degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of Quality Engineering Methodologies including requirements for Test Automation
- 5-7 years of UI testing experience in Java, Ruby/RSpec/Selenium Web Driver
- Hands-on Java coding experience required
- Working experience with database queries through Ruby script is a must
- Experience in OO languages Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience with both Ruby and Java is a PLUS
- Working experience with Junit/TestNG is a plus
- 3+ years working experience in Agile SDLC, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- 3+ years of experience in e-Commerce industry is desirable
- Knowledge of Mac OS, XCode, Mac iOS, or Android OS is preferred
- 2+ year experience in using GIT or SVN SCM system
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!