Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for an exceptional DevOps engineer to join our DevOps group. This requires someone with excellent technical capabilities but also with a passion for quality. The ideal candidate will work directly with IT Management, Operations, Development and QA staff to ensure systems are secure, highly available, performant and manageable.
Along with the technical prowess required to excel in this position we are also seeking the right personality fit. We favor candidates who are personable, open to learning, collaborate well with others, have a positive attitude, and that are used to working in fast paced, dynamic environments.
Location of work: Onsite in Corte Madera, CA (10 minutes north of San Francisco).
- Analyze and develop mechanisms and procedures for deploying applications into highly available production environments.
- Manage continuous integration strategy by providing automated and ad hoc build processes for Dev, QA, and Publishing environments.
- Provide application configuration and performance tuning.
- Support Operations with deployments to Production systems.
- Provide metrics for system and service performance and drive continued improvements.
- Proactively monitor and troubleshoot systems and services for issues.
- Respond to alerts - diagnose and appraise issues.
- Coordinate with Management, Operations and Development from issue detection through resolution.
- Track application software versions, monitor for critical patches, and lead patch application.
- Create and manage automated data deployments to Development and QA systems.
- Maintain current and accurate documentation for systems and services.
- Requires a flexible work schedule with occasional late-night shifts.
- Extensive experience with software development release cycle for eCommerce applications.
- Strong focus on using build and release technology, automation and metrics to achieve continuous improvement in systems and services.
- Excellent knowledge of release cycle tools and strategies.
- Extensive experience with deployment technologies such as Puppet and Chef.
- Extensive experience with build technologies such as Ant, Maven and Jenkins.
- Advanced knowledge of Unix/Linux and TCP/IP networking, and strong shell scripting skills.
- Extensive experience in installation, configuration and tuning of application systems including JBoss, Tomcat, ATG, Apache and Endeca.
- Experience with source code repository technologies such as Subversion or Git.
- Experience with SQL and database systems including Oracle.
- Experience with queuing and messaging systems.
- Excellent technical, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Experience with issue tracking systems such as Jira, Bugzilla, etc.
- Experience with business applications including Word, Excel and Visio/Omnigraffle.
- Team player with great oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- NICE TO HAVE (not required): experience with OWASP, PCI and Sarbanes Oxley.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!