Avenue Code is the leading software consultancy focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor’, and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our teams.
About the opportunity:
This role requires experience in DevOps and Continuous Delivery systems and best-practices. Experience with Continuous Integration, Agile, and Test-Driven Development systems and best-practices is desirable. It will also require a collaboration mentality, excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will be able to successfully partner with internal and external partners to fully administer all DevOps systems under heavy usages from multiple teams.
- Collaborate with development, QA, release engineering, operations, site support, and infrastructure teams to maintain high-quality deployment artifacts as it moves through entire deployment pipeline.
- Drive, design, implement, and maintain deployment automation from code check-in to production.
- Support development activities in all features in Continuous Integration Platform.
- Support and maintain all operational activities related to DevOps systems.
- Recommend and implement automation wherever feasible.
- Proactively seek opportunities to implement improvements in the development process and deployment pipeline.
- Drive and champion Continuous Delivery and automation wherever feasible.
- Champion Test-Driven Development, Acceptance-Test-Driven Development, and Agile best-practices, processes, and tools in support of DevOps processes.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork.
- Document all DevOps and Continuous Delivery processes and systems on wiki.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- 5+ yrs experience as a DevOps Engineer
- 3+ years of experience maintaining and developing an enterprise-level J2EE website in various technical capacities.
- 3+ years of experience with various scripting and programming languages such as Perl, Python, Shell Scripting, Ruby, JSON, Java.
- Strong experience with CI/CD, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery and Deployment Automation.
- Experience with Jenkins/Declarative Pipeline, including migration of Jenkins to CouldBees and microservices to Kubernetes
- Experience with Cloud/AWS is preferred.
- Experience with Active Directory Integration is a plus.
- Experience with Cloudheep, Artifactory and Gradle.
- Experience with Webserver and Application server administration.
- Comfortable administering version control system comparable to Subversion/GIT.
- Comfortable with basic Unix/Linux administration.
- High-level understanding of software systems design and technical concepts.
- Understanding of various SDLC methodologies particularly Agile.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to peers and external vendors.
- Strong active listening, conflict resolution, negotiation, and consensus-building skills.
- Open-minded and passionate about learning new technologies.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.