Avenue Code is the leading software consultancy focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor’, and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our teams.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a Sr. Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including designers, product managers and other teams to create unique mobile apps
- Rapidly add new functionality, solve complex problems and ship quality applications
Independent, self-motivated, and an avid technologist
- Work with outside data sources and API’s
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven software development experience
Required Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in software design and development with at least 3 in mobile, working in Android development
- Excellent Java-programming skills
- Strong Android experience
- Hands on experience with RxJava
- Hands on experience with Dagger
- Worked with using MVP & MVVM design patterns
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle
- Strong interest in mobile and an intuition for UX and consumer behavior
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.