Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor,’ and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
We are hiring a full-time Software Engineer in Test (SDET) to perform Quality Assurance testing for large-scale, multi-track eCommerce web applications, tools, and/or software. You will be working with one of our large retail clients in San Francisco, CA.
- Writing Automated test plans and test cases in Java, TestNg/JUnit
- Improve, optimize, and identify opportunities for improved software development lifecycle
- Troubleshoot critical defects in software coding
- Work closely with the Developers and Engineers to achieve a high level of code coverage
- Support continuous integration process improvement and innovation
- Conduct the research on emerging technologies
Required experience/Technical skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-4 years experience developing and testing in highly distributed, complex eCommerce Platforms
- 2+ hands-on Java programming, Automation Scripting, White box testing experience in JAVA and TestNG/ JUnit (Optional: Python, Groovy, or similar)
- Prior QE experience in J2EE technologies is preferred.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies preferred.
- Hands-on experience working with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience testing software at API level
- Proactive problem solver
- Experience in Jmeter Or similar tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!