Avenue Code is the leading software consultancy focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor’, and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our teams.
About the opportunity:
As a Scrum Master, you will be able to work with the team to groom the backlog through Jira, work at assigning story points, ensure that the team keeps focused and on track in delivering during the sprints and deliver to production at the end of the iteration. You need to make sure they have the weekly showcase and the retrospectives, and also have experience in planning out the sprints.
As a Project Manager, you need to be able to understand and use Clarity. You need to be comfortable using the tool and be able to run and generate reports through Clarity, and to understand how to plan the project and break down the tasks and track to it.
You need to be able to hit the ground running, and to operate independently with little guidance. We need someone who is intuitive and can communicate clearly and precisely.
- Partners with project leads to ensure the team is producing a solution that meets established standards, procedures and practices.
- Collaborates with project leads to aggressively address issues, risks and mitigation plans. Instills a sense of urgency reflecting the goals for the current iteration, upcoming release, and project vision, while passionately emphasizing the importance of meeting these goals.
- Ensures iteration-based meetings are effectively facilitated, the outcomes are achieved and their cadence is maintained.
- Assists team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and tasking.
- Proactively identifies and removes blockers, limits work in progress and prevents distractions.
- Participates proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices.
Required Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher.
- 7+ years experience and certification as a Project Manager/Scrum Master.
- Experience running and generating reports in Clarity.
- Work with the team to groom the backlog through Jira.
- Hands-on experience in the proactive, passionate improvement of software development process and practices to optimize business value delivery.
- Experience with distributed development teams which span multiple geographies, time zones and cultures is preferred.
- Direct experience in a Web, Java, XML, RDBMS development environment is preferred.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication and time management skills.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, self-confident and self-directing with a proven ability to identify priorities and mobilize initiatives in an orderly fashion to achieve desired results with minimal supervision.
- Must possess excellent situational awareness and an ability to remain calm under pressure and be cognizant of how you are perceived.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.