Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
- Provides coaching on Agile values and practices while emphasizing continuous improvement.
- Enables individual project teams to share their learning with the organization.
- Encourages collaboration and proactively seeks opportunities to improve collaboration.
- Tracks and ensures visibility of historical team metrics and progress of the iteration and release.
- Emphasizes the need for incremental releases, iterative work and prioritization by value and risk.
- Assists with internal and external communication by transparently radiating information.
- Partners with project leads to ensure the team is producing a solution that meets established standards, procedures and practices.
- Collaborates with project leads to aggressively address issues, risks and mitigation plans. Instills a sense of urgency reflecting the goals for the current iteration, upcoming release, and project vision, while passionately emphasizing the importance of meeting these goals.
- Optimizes, increases and sustains throughput; ensuring prioritization of work by value and risk.
- Is collaborative in driving decisions and team behavior, guarding against making decisions and assignments for the team and instead creates and environment where teams have the context needed to make the best decision.
- Ensures iteration-based meetings are effectively facilitated, the outcomes are achieved and their cadence is maintained.
- Assists team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and tasking.
- Proactively identifies and removes blockers, limits work in progress and prevents distractions.
- Facilitates frequent retrospectives, sharing metrics to identify and implement improvements.
- Identifies, creates and defends opportunities for expediting feedback throughout the iteration.
- Participates proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices.
Required Technical Skills:
- BA/BS. IT experience with IT Project Management experience.
- 7+ years experience as a Project Manager/Scrum Master experience and certification a plus.
- Hands-on experience in the proactive, passionate improvement of software development process and practices to optimize business value delivery.
- Experience with distributed development teams which span multiple geographies, time zones and cultures is preferred.
- Direct experience in a Web, Java, XML, RDBMS development environment is preferred.
- Must have experience overseeing project teams with at least 10 team members.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication and time management skills.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, self-confident and self-directing with a proven ability to identify priorities and mobilize initiatives in an orderly fashion to achieve desired results with minimal supervision.
- Must be effective and efficient in identifying and proposing creative, innovative solutions to complex, time-critical challenges.
- Must possess excellent situational awareness and an ability to remain calm under pressure and be cognizant of how you are perceived.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!