Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since our inception. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
Avenue Code is growing, and we are looking for a Sales and Business Development Representative to join our team. This is a great opportunity for someone who has 2-3 years of experience in a Sales, Inside Sales, SDR or Business Development Executive role, and is interested in growing into a Business Development Executive or Manager in the future, as our company continues to grow! This is an onsite opportunity located in SF (office located by a BART station, close to Union Square).
What will make you successful:
- Good, positive, do-what it takes attitude. Excellent verbal communication skills. You believe in the company, our value proposition and how it can positively impact the client, and they can feel your enthusiasm and confidence when they answer a call from you.
- You are organized, you can book appointments and coordinate calendars, you can schedule meetings for the VP of Business Development (did we mention that you are working with and reporting directly to her?)
- You like to research the market, the competition, what we do, what our prospective clients do. Lead generation, cold-calls, email marketing campaigns (yes, you are also working with the Marketing Manager on our messages and to execute our contact strategy) all sound exciting to you. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, pick up the phone and start dialing!
- A balance of quantitative and qualitative skills, a strong sense of empathy for both clients and colleagues, and a consistent eye for detail to ensure a sound game plan and that client relationships are best-in-class.
- You are a natural team player with the self-discipline and can-do attitude to hit weekly KPI’s with ease, who understands the artistry of great phone and email interactions, and who has a knack for opening the door to secure that sometimes elusive first meeting.
- 2-3 years in an Inside Sales, Sales Support, Sales Coordinator, SDR or BDE role, preferably with a consulting firm, digital agency or systems integrator. Experience selling Professional/Managed Services (vs. a product) is desired.
- Consultative approach and great verbal and written communication skills.
- Follow-up on set metrics for number of calls, appointments confirmed for the VP, etc.
- Research and attend 2-3 relevant events per month, to network and search for new leads.
- Work with our technology partners to source new professional services opportunities through co-marketing and channels sales efforts.
- Track (and organize) all pipeline activities, and provide reports to management.
- Build proposals for client engagements in coordination with the delivery team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – in person, written, and over the phone.
- Not afraid of 30 phone dials per day and ability to generate 5-10 meetings per week.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Hubspot (or equivalent CRM/Marketing tools)
- Bachelor’s degree.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!