Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer to lead upload testing efforts and who can recommend a FrontEnd testing framework. Emphasis and experience with service load testing is required. The ideal candidate can recommend and implement a FrontEnd framework for load testing (none currently exists).
- Experience with Service Load Testing.
- Recommend, implement and execute a FrontEnd framework for lead testing
- Experience with test plan/test cases in an Agile SDLC environment
- Gather & analyze test requirements based on the business scenarios
- Estimate the QE work involved in the projects
- Carry out manual testing to validate user’s experience
- Develop Test Scripts for Automation, execute them, log defects and prepare test reports
- Develop regression suites
- Facilitate defect triage process and help in resolving release/ project issues
- Work with Development groups to identify and resolve problems.
- Participate in technical discussions within QE team as well as with other groups associated with assigned projects
- Provide inputs to project delivery process improvements
- Provide technical help/guidance to other QE members
- Manage end to end QE delivery of projects
Required Technical Skills:
- BS degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of FrontEnd Methodologies including requirements for Test Automation
- 5-7 years of UI testing experience in Java, Ruby/RSpec/Selenium Web Driver
- Hands-on Java coding experience required
- Experience in OO languages Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience with both Ruby and Java is a PLUS
- Working experience with JUnit/TestNG is a plus
- 3+ years working experience in Agile SDLC, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- 3+ years of experience in e-Commerce industry is desirable
- Knowledge of Mac OS, XCode, Mac iOS, or Android OS is preferred
- 2+ year experience in using GIT or SVN SCM system
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!