Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the Opportunity/Primary Responsibilities:
The perfect candidate will have an immediate connection to our Core Values (People, Service, Quality and Innovation). Candidates who are personable, open to learning, collaborate well with others and have a positive attitude, and are 'more apt to saying "yes" or "we'll try" (rather than "no" or "that's impossible") will be at the top of our list.
- Manually browse and test websites on daily and project specific basis and web browsers to detect, identify and document issues.
- Develop and execute formal test plans for large or high-risk projects. Document and make completed plans available for the change review process.
- Provide accurate project/task time duration estimates and statuses to management and project management.
- Review and track all customer/user facing changes to web applications for adherence to company web standards, appropriateness, accuracy and functionality.
- Review and track all development changes to web, application, and database systems.
- Review and track all changes to all integration points including web services to vendors/partners, and enterprise system integration.
- QA Engineer is required to follow the testing lifecycle including:
- Work with developers, business team or management to understand the activities features and plan & document a methodology for testing.
- Develop of test cases to exercise success and failure conditions for feature. Review with developer and management to ensure all conditions are reviewed.
- Execute tests, report success or failure to developers and management.
- Review data results on target systems including database records, XML output, Order Entry systems and external systems.
- Update issue-tracking software with status of QA efforts.
- Maintain reporting with success and failure, and the QA status for all activities/projects in a release. Report on completion status for a release.
- Re-test all corrected issues.
- Verify changes are successfully deployed to production.
- Update activity and release status in tracking software and reporting once changes are verified in production.
- Regression test critical features of the web sites prior to and after any code release.
Required Qualifications/Technical Skills:
- Live, model and teach Our Core Values, Our Leadership Contract, and Leadership is a Choice
- At least 3 - 5 years experience with QA
- Team player with great oral and written communication skills
- Extensive experience testing web and e-Commerce applications.
- Excellent knowledge of idiosyncrasies of all major web browsers and versions
- Excellent technical troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Experience with multiple OS's including Linux, Windows, Mac.
- Experience reviewing data in Json/XML format
- Experience with database access via SQL
- Experience with log files (OS level commands, SumoLogic)
- Experience reporting metrics (CoreMetrics, Google Analytics)
- Experience with performance monitoring tools (NewRelic)
- Experience with issue tracking systems (JIRA, Bugzilla)
- Experience with Office applications (Word, Excel, Project)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with OWASP
- Experience with ATG, Endeca, JBoss, Apache, BCC
- Experience with web application development (Java, JSP, Servlets, DOM, PL/SQL)
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!