Avenue Code is the leading software consultancy focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor’, and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our teams.
About the Opportunity:
You are a motivated software engineer who is passionate about building at scale on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and defining how hundreds of engineers can be productive on AWS. You thrive at simplifying hard problems and can articulate the solution to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
You know there are tradeoffs between short-term productivity and long-term vision for the team, while being pragmatic about it. You are an expert in AWS services and Cloud Infrastructure (DNS, Networking, VPC, EC2, Lambda, CloudFormation, etc...) and closely follow enhancements in AWS. This is an opportunity located in San Mateo, CA.
- Providing technical leadership, deep technology expertise and architecture experience.
- Provides hands-on technical design and implementation ensuring technologies are successfully incorporated into our environments
- Designs and defines AWS architecture for new cloud computing systems or existing systems migrating to cloud architectures.
- Performs expert-level systems AWS development and design work that may include logical system design; I/O design; cloud architecture analysis and design; and systems engineering.
- Develops technical roadmaps for future AWS cloud implementations.
- Ensures security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities
- Design, test, certify and document new cloud services, environments and systems.
- Collaborate with business units to help architect, configure, monitor, and support their services.
- Mentor other members of the cloud engineering team.
- Follow industry trends and build proof of concepts leveraging new cloud services.
- Advanced knowledge of cloud technologies and cloud infrastructure, including networking, VPCs, VGWs, VPNs, DNS. AWS preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of industry standard DevOps tools (CI/CD, Git, scripting, Gradle, Maven, Chef, git, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Solid understanding of cloud computing design and security principles.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with software development projects from documentation, task management through delivery.
- Experience writing technical documentation for a technical audience.
- Strong commitment to customer service and service enablement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with end-users, business owners, developers, managers and system engineers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- 8+ years of relevant engineering experience (e.g. example former roles may be principal software developer, or senior systems architect, or a combination of the above with respect to the following technologies: AWS, Linux, Puppet, network and routing protocols, etc.)
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in designing and developing complex distributed IT solutions (e.g. cloud, distributed systems or high-performance computing experience)
- Solid experience with Cloud CI, Dockers, Kubernetes and Containerization is required.
- Demonstrated passion for infrastructure as code, continuous improvement, and a "can do" attitude.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work solo and part of a cross-functional team
- 3+ years’ experience in operations management tools. Alerting & Monitoring, Provisioning & Deployment, Configuration Management and Source Control, etc.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate required
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional preferred
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records