Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Design and deliver highly scalable multi-tiered distributed software applications.
- Coding. Living and Breathing awesome Code.
- Be part of an agile team and sharing responsibilities of testing and development as the role demands.
- Strong quality focus including automation, design reviews, and unit testing.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills with orientation towards innovation and open source tools.
- Mentor and guide developers in coding, design methodology and design patterns.
- Conceptualizing, coding, deploying, and iterating on next generation prototypes.
- Flexible approach to analyzing technical issues and clearly communicating recommendations/solutions.
- Cross team development with Product managers, Project managers, engineers, and QA to deploy innovative solutions to meet business unit requirements
- A senior software engineer with strong full-stack development experience
- Strong leadership skills with ability to mentor junior developers
- Outstanding coding skills in Java
- Good experience with AWS
- Good understanding of CI and CD
- Building distributed back-end systems and/or web-development using Java and related technologies
- Expertise in SQL technologies and RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL) or related NoSQL technology
- Experience and knowledge of object-oriented programming semantics, building properly templated classes and libraries for code reuse, flexibility, maintainability, testability and performance.
- Experience with building and debugging asynchronous applications.
- Knowledge of building web APIs and RESTful services with knowledge of REST principles preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!