Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
This engineer will work within the Digital Operations group and collaborate with peers, brand leadership, and feature development teams to respond to code and browser-level issues occurring in production for our client's brands. They will diagnose issues, author fixes, and work with brand and release teams to correct issues. They will also maintain a backlog of pending enhancements that they will work through, and provide support and guidance to developers embedded in the brands.
- Design, implement and unit test Web Application code.
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Work with business analysts to understand and implement complex business functionality.
- Deliver project assignments on time, within budget and with high quality.
- Stay current with the newest online technologies; research new technologies and make recommendations on implementations
- Work with other senior developers to review stories and specifications and ensure that teams are meeting the objectives of the business while maintaining technical and architectural standards.
- Collaborate with Architects and other Developers in designing and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions.
Required Qualifications/Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Experience with multiple client-side frameworks and libraries such as Backbone.js, Marionette.js, Ember.js, Angular.js, React, Handlebars, jQuery, Jasmine and so on.
- Experience with server-side technologies like Node.js, JSP/Java/Servlets, or Ruby on Rails (or similar server generation technologies).
- Mastery of cross-browser, cross-platform markup, layout and responsive design techniques.
- A strong understanding of Git.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and automated testing strategies.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Semantic HTML and SEO.
- Desired: experience with presentation frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation and CSS processors as SASS, LESS, or PostCSS.
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Ability to clearly write technical specifications.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to learn things on their own.
- Ability to work seamlessly in a cross-functional team development environment.
- Understanding of implementing responsive design techniques.
- Knowledge of what is required to develop highly performance web applications.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, customer-facing, environment.
- Good sense of what is required of a great user interface.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.