Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
We need a superstar Director/Senior Account Manager to join our Client Services team to take our game to the next level. The Director/Senior Manager, Client Services is responsible for the oversight of existing accounts, the health of client relationships, general account administration and account farming.
The role has 3-4 direct reports within the Client Services business unit, is part of the leadership team, and reports jointly to the Vice President, Business Development and the CEO. This position represents the escalation path for key client stakeholders, and as such is also responsible for accurate forecasting of both quantitative and qualitative metrics associated with existing accounts. Finally, the Director/Senior Manager, Client Services is the embodiment of the trusted advisor for clients of Avenue Code: quick to respond, eager to accommodate, patient to a fault, relentlessly positive and able to articulate the firm’s value proposition on a daily basis through superlative client relationship management.
- Maintain & expand footprint within existing accounts via proactive account farming
- Shift primary revenue stream from staff augmentation to collaborative development/end-to-end project ownership
- Articulation of AC value proposition; campaigning within existing accounts for greater ownership + elevation of company profile
- Increase average billing rates and associated project margins
- Increase percentage of publicly referenceable work
- Maintain a high degree of employee satisfaction within accounts
- Mentorship, training, and career development of direct reports
- YoY account growth of 15% or more
- Client satisfaction scores of 4 or higher (scale of 1 – 5)
- Staff satisfaction scores of 4 or higher (scale of 1 – 5)
- Positive, documented 360 direct report feedback
- Local staff attrition of 3% or less on a quarterly basis
- Monthly in-person meetings with designated buyer(s) as stipulated by VP, Business Development/CxO’s
- Target gross margin of 45% or higher, target net margin of 20% or higher
- Target average utilization of 90% or higher
- 8 hour (or less) turnaround on any client communication
- Firm first: not “me” or “I,” but “we” or “us,” meaning corporate brand over personal brand, the appropriate balance of IQ/EQ, humor, work ethic and patience as the defining characteristics of the position.
- Consistent internal & external responsiveness: you pride yourself on consistent world class responsiveness for both clients and internal stakeholders.
- Active listening & feedback solicitation: you define yourself to clients, staff, peers and executive management through the application of IQ and EQ, how you actively engage with the leadership team, and how you mentor your direct reports.
- Glass half full all the time: where others see problems or obstacles, you see solutions.
- Preparation: you set the bar for meeting prep and communication efficacy.
- A problem solver & value-add across the board: you make a point of adding value in every meeting, even if the role is a supporting one. You are the one that all of your clients and peers want in the room because you are perceived by them as a bridge builder.
- Trusted Advisor on a daily basis: you believe in this role and embody it accordingly, as it is essential to the success of the business.
- Champion for your staff: you publicly celebrate your staff’s successes and deflect glory their way when possible.
- 6+ years of Account Management, ideally working with a portfolio of multiple accounts (5 or more) where balancing sometimes conflicting priorities is common practice
- A plus if you have business development, and/or Client Success experience in IT/Software industry
- Superlative verbal and written communication skills
- Solid Excel skills (data manipulation essential, pivot tables a nice-to-have)
- Strong memory and attention to detail are a MUST
- Interest and/or experience in Technology in a broad sense; preferably experience selling IT solutions, professional services and/or managed IT services
- Negotiation, communication and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced business environment
- Personable and friendly, empathetic towards people
- You are someone who is willing to go the extra mile and interested in being responsible for growth of the company
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!