Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
At Avenue Code, we are passionate about leveraging data to drive growth and operational excellence. We firmly believe in putting data at the forefront of delivering highly engaging and fun experience for our clients. This is a full-time opportunity and location of work in onsite in San Mateo, CA.
- Play a key developer role and be part of building Data Infrastructure components such as Tracking, Messaging Queues, and Real Time Streaming & Batch Data Pipelines
- Deliver high quality data engineering components/services that are robust and scalable
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with other team members to deliver strong results
- Methodical approach to areas such as Data Modeling, Data Quality
- Guide others in the team on architecture, design and quality engineering practices
- Leverage these foundational Data Infrastructure to integrate machine learning & statistical models into real time services and power the BI & Visualization layers
- Work closely with data scientists to assist on feature engineering, model training frameworks, and model deployments at scale
Required Qualifications/Technical Skills:
- Must have 2+ years of experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Amazon EMR, Pig, Hive, Spark, and Redshift
- Must have experience in building data platform – designing and building data model, integrate data from many sources, build ETL and data-flow pipelines, and support all parts of the data platform
- Must have expert level SQL programming knowledge and experience.
- Expertise with at least one programming language - Python, Java or Scala
- Experience in Web Services, API integration, Data exchanges with third parties is preferred
- Data Analysis skill – can make arguments with data and proper visualization
- Energetic, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and passionate about producing high-quality analytics deliverables
- Knowledge of basic statistical analysis and machine learning
- MS/BS in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Physics or other quantitative field or relevant work experience
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!