Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word partner over vendor and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
Location of work: onsite in San Mateo, CA
We are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our Data Science and Engineering team. You will collaborate closely with data scientists and cross functional business units to develop data pipelines, infrastructure and applications in the following areas:
- Behavioral Tracking and Analytics: core infrastructure for monitoring and deriving insights from site traffic.
- Product Recommendation and Personalization: providing personalized product recommendations and user experience in e-commerce sites as well as on emails.
- Inventory optimization: forecasting demand and optimizing the quantity and location of inventory.
- Product Finding: deploying key components of online-search, including ranking models, spell correction, query expansion and query understanding.
- Develop robust and scalable data infrastructure components for monitoring and tracking, messaging, real-time streaming and batch data processing use cases.
- Integrate and productionize machine learning and statistical models into real-time services, as well as BI and Visualization layers.
- Work closely with data scientists to assist on feature engineering, model training frameworks, and model deployments at scale.
- Provide engineering leadership in the the design and architecture of data infrastructure and applications.
Required Experience/Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of experience with big data processing in Spark.
- Expertise in Scala (Spark and Scala are MUST-HAVES for this role).
- Experience dealing with large volumes of data.
- Strong SQL programming knowledge and experience.
- Experience developing web services, API integrations, and data exchanges with third parties is preferred.
- Ability to communicate quantitative analysis and analytical findings in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and passionate about producing high-quality analytics deliverables.
- Knowledge of basic statistical analysis and machine learning a plus.
- MS/BS in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Physics or other quantitative field or relevant work experience.
- Experience designing and developing data models, integrating data from multiple sources, building ETL pipelines, and supporting all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!