Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
As an experienced Sr. QE Automation Engineer, you will prepare automation test scripts in Ruby using Cucumber feature files and Step Definitions fully utilizing capabilities of Selenium WebDriver with Page Object Models. You will develop test scripts, execute test cases, maintain documentation of test results and work closely with development engineers to resolve discrepancies. This position requires an individual who is creative, team-oriented, a quick learner and driven to produce results.
Location of work (onsite) is Lorain,OH or Columbus,OH
- Develop, Implement and Execute test plan/ test cases in an Agile SDLC environment
- Gather & analyze test requirements based on the business scenarios
- Develop Test Scripts for Automation, execute them, log defects and prepare test reports
- Develop regression suites
- Facilitate defect triage process and help in resolving release/ project issues
- Seek out expertise, knowledge, and resources to develop solutions to problems
- Participate in technical discussions within QE team as well as with other groups associated with assigned projects
- Provide inputs to project delivery process improvements and provide technical help/guidance to other QE members
- Work on additional tasks as assigned, which contribute towards team, department and company goals.
Required Technical Skills:
- Strong test automation experience in Ruby, Selenium, Cucumber and SoapUI is required
- 5+ years of experience in Cucumber Feature File and Step Definition and Selenium Web Driver
- Working experience with database queries through Ruby script
- Hands-on in OO languages Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and SoapUI BS
- Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of Quality Engineering Methodologies including requirements for Test Automation
- Experience in developing/maintaining existing Automation frameworks to accommodate changes and optimization of the testing code quality
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Java-Selenium is a PLUS
- Mobile and Web testing (automation) experience is a PLUS
- Working experience with Junit/ TestNG is a plus.
- Working experience in Agile SDLC, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Experience in e-Commerce and retail industry is desirable
- Experience in using GIT or SVN SCM system
- Experience using automation tools like RSpec, Watir-Webdriver, Appium
- Experience in setting up remote execution in Sauce labs
- Bug monitoring using Quality Center, Test Director, JIRA, Zephyr Test Management
- Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins/Hudson
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!