Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a Sr. Java Developer to join our eCommerce team in New York, NY. The ideal candidate will have strong hands-on core Java and Java Web programming skills, excellent problem solving and design skills and ability to lead a small team of developers.
The candidate should also demonstrate a history of on time delivery, excellent communication, and a positive get-it-done attitude. Retail domain expertise and experience working in Agile driven development projects is a plus.
- Works collaboratively with technical and business team members to develop and maintain business solutions following Agile development principles and practices
- Is influential and engages actively in building out a dynamic and productive development organization and continuously improving practices and methodology
- Designs and develops applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use
- Sets and adheres to software coding and style guides to ensure consistency
- Participates in pairing and code reviews
- Support (2nd level) and troubleshoot problems with existing applications
- Mentors and guides others who are still developing their skills
Required Technical Skills:
- 10+ years software development with hands-on experience in Java/Core J2EE platform.
- Candidates must have a robust understanding of Java and an in-depth understanding of other Java technologies, including Servlets, Struts/Tiles, JSP, JDBC, JMS, Spring.
- Experience writing REST API.
- Spring, Hibernate or any other ORM tools experience is required.
- Strong SQL skills, Unit test frameworks and Databases experience (Oracle preferred) is required.
- Experience with WebServices (REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, etc)
- Thorough understanding of Object Oriented principles (Analysis and Design)
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!