Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
We're looking for a Sr. iOS developer who is passionate about building and delivering high quality, highly polished applications. If you strive to find elegant technical solutions to design challenges, enjoy working on mobile devices, getting the UX right, this is a good match for you. The ideal candidate will build cutting edge consumer facing, data-driven applications, and hands-on technical leadership to a team building applications for iOS or iPad apps.
- Work with business leaders, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs, and determine priority of needs.
- Own design and (often) lead development.
- Ensure adherence to defined development life cycle, good software design practices, and Architecture strategy and intent.
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions.
- Responsible for key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system.
- Drive tactical delivery for multiple teams.
- Ensure adherence to defined development life cycle, good software design practices, and Architecture strategy and intent
Required Technical Skills:
- Solid understand about the entire iOS development cycle - From code to App Store.
- 5+ years of in depth mobile development and Objective-C experience.
- 5+ years software development.
- Experience (ideally) working on enterprise or consumer-grade apps, building SDKs and/or payment processing, encryption, etc.
- At least 5 years of experience in mobile programming environments, browsers & technologies and the experience to separate presentation and content.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Good distributed team collaboration skills.
- Bachelors Degree – masters a plus.
Bonus Points if you have experience with:
- Retail, POS and/or ecommerce.
- Personal software projects or open source contributions.
- One shipped software product.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!