Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
A Product Manager is a key leader in delivering new customer experiences through program enhancements. In partnership with business leadership, they define the roadmap for the program, and then represent the customer experience and business priorities to technical teams who will execute on that vision. It is essential that the product manager understands how product enhancements change customer behavior and what trends are emerging in the market. They own socializing the product vision at all levels of the organization through opportunity assessments while driving development with design solutions. They partner closely with stakeholders to ensure solutions are fully leveraged by the business.
- Write user stories as part of an Agile project framework
- Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives of the project.
- Identify unmet customer needs and develops possible feature/functionality concepts that meet those needs
- Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts; responds to the needs of customers throughout the development process; analyzes competitors and market trends; evaluates technologies; develops detailed requirements, feature definitions, implementation plans, and internal communications
- Partner with the UX/UI team to user-test designs through mock-ups, functional prototypes, etc. to ensure they are meeting intended goals
- Develop supporting business cases, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations
- Can successfully champion new initiatives to leadership team
- Work hand-in-hand with the business to understand and document business requirements for Business Intelligence and Analytics use cases
- College Degree preferred
- 2-5 yrs experience in product/program management or other product ownership role
- Internet and retail experience strongly preferred
- Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills
- Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus
- Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems
Does that sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!