Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
We’re looking for a heavy hitter in NY to spearhead our business development efforts in the U.S eastern region. The right candidate has great customer-relationship skills and loves to develop new strategies and build a book of new business.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for all aspects of business development associated with new accounts within the eastern region. The role also includes collaboration with the regional players of Avenue Code’s strategic partner firms, so alliances/channel sales experience is essential.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Management of all aspects of the consulting services sales cycle: prospecting, consultation & qualification, proposal creation, client relations, negotiation and deal close.
- Collaboration with the internal leadership team to develop and implement an effective enterprise wide sales strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Avenue Code’s services
- Daily collaboration with Business Development, Marketing, Client Services, Delivery Services, & Talent Acquisition colleagues to ensure seamless operations & superlative client satisfaction.
- Analysis of market landscape, identification of ideal prospects, & coordination of outbound lead generation activities.
- Direct involvement within corporate marketing initiatives, including industry & partner conferences.
- You are ethical, competitive, self-starter, financially astute, disciplined and articulate
- You see business development as:
- a chance to evangelize about your organization
- an opportunity to create lasting, mutually beneficial relationships
- a combination of creative problem solving and proactive pain management (the client’s, not yours)
- You understand the importance of becoming a trusted advisor and you apply that conviction to your interactions with colleagues, partners, & clients
- You understand the Retail/eCommerce space - the seasonality of this vertical, the mind of the merchant, and the importance of peak seasons
- You desire to distinguish yourself as a preferred partner through intelligent problem solving, superlative interpersonal skills, and quick turnaround
- You are able to express your ideas well in person and on the page, and you appreciate the art behind a well-written proposal
- You know that work - and sales, in particular - comes more easily to those who more likely who see the proverbial glass as at least half full
- You are comfortable working in a lean management, start-up style office where executives both host the meetings and then bus the tables afterwards
- 3-5+ years of consulting sales experience, ideally within Retail
- Strong local network within New York and East Coast Market
- Familiarity with third party solutions like hybris, ATG, Demandware, Mulesoft, Chef, Adobe and Amazon Web Services
- Experience with channel sales models (.e.g, via partnerships) & track record of partnering well
- Ability to work independently and leverage resources wisely when needed
- Superlative verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Good client relationship management acumen and negotiation ability
- Positive, affirming demeanor
- Able to qualify, execute and close business opportunity under minimum guidance & high pressure
- Team player, self-motivated and able to take ownership of assigned task(s)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!