Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
This position is perfect for an IT Project Manager who has embraced the brave new world of Agile software development and Agile project management. This person should have both classic and Agile IT project management experience, and be able to leverage the two disciplines as appropriate.
We are looking for Project Managers who are solution and delivery focused, and who can perform strategic, cross-functional, business facing and technical initiatives.
- The selected candidate will manage software development and integration e-commerce projects in a fast paced, constantly changing Agile environment
- Help manage planning, scheduling, estimating, forecasting, coordinating, controlling, managing and delivering all activities for projects and related release initiatives
- Participate day-to-day progress of project(s) and release initiatives with regard to time, budget, scope and quality
- Help integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support.
- Work with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support.
- Experience delivering eCommerce based projects – backend to front end
- Prior experience in large scale web development
- Prior experience with an eCommerce website
- Good understanding of technical web environment and code release life-cycle
- 4+ yr experience in working with business and technology stakeholders with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving via technology solutions
- Project management skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in cross-functional environment
- Experience in a dynamic high-technology environment is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Ability to communicate needs and schedules to business stakeholders and technology teams, as well as ensure plans are in place/standards are adhered to
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic problems
- Agile and Scrum experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or related discipline with IT focus
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!