Avenue Code is the leading software consultancy focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor’, and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our teams.
About the opportunity:
*** This is a full-time, W2 opportunity and location of work can be Sao Paulo, SP (Brazil) or San Francisco, CA (US). We are not considering c2c or agency candidates at this time. ***
We are hiring an experienced Adobe AEM Engineer to join our team. Experience with Adobe AEM, Java and building large scale websites in required. Experience with UX and graphical tools (i.e. Photoshop) is desired. The ideal candidate has managed a team before, and is able to coordinate teams and projects across different time zones. The role requires 100% hands-on experience and ability to work as individual contributor at first, and become part of a team later in the project.
We are looking for someone who can use AEM to build websites. Down the road, you will also be making actual development to AEM, make custom components for web sites and leverage what is already there to build the websites.
- Designing and developing web applications using the Adobe platform, including site structure, custom components, custom workflows, object model designs (Java APIs), and unit testing
- Assisting our client in achieving strategic e-business objectives through technology solution implementation and taking a technical leadership role in some circumstances
- Resolving user-identified functional and technical issues relating to Adobe AEM/CQ
- Providing input into estimating engagement activities and executing engagements following the Agile methodology including SCRUM
- Define, document and communicate the project status and achieved milestones to clients and internal project team
Required Technical skills:
- 7-8 years’ minimum experience required in Content Management Systems in general, with at least 5 yrs of specific AEM experience
- Bachelor's in computer science, software engineering or similar
- Hands-on AEM development experience, including design of templates, components, widgets and dialogs
- Experience with other AEM modules such as DAM, Forms/LiveCycle and mobile
- Experience with Java development, Java Server Pages and related technologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with REST, Web Services, Web application frameworks
- Experience with ORM Java frameworks (Hibernate preferred)
- Experience with build automation tools such as Ant, Maven and Grade
- Experience in TDD and test software including jUnit, TestNG, Mock frameworks
- Knowledge of Java IDEs and source control management (ideally GIT, SVN or similar)
- Strong adherence to a consistent delivery methodology and associated deliverable generation
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!