Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since our inception. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor,’ and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
2017 is a big year for Avenue Code, and we need a superstar Account Manager to join our Client Services team and help take our game to the next level. The right candidate recognizes that it’s not simply about being reactive to client needs, but instead about becoming a trusted advisor.
For Avenue Code, the Client Services team sits at the center of our operation, touching all aspects of the business including Business Development, Talent Acquisition, Delivery and Finance. This role is a key hire for us, interfacing regularly with company execs and senior client stakeholders. The right applicant will bring a balance of quantitative and qualitative skills, a strong sense of empathy for both clients and colleagues, and a consistent eye for detail to ensure that account financials are sound and that client relationships are best-in-class.
- Apply proven Client Success, and/or Account Management background to develop and grow an existing client base.
- Meet on a weekly basis (ideally, in-person) with key Managers and Senior Executives to ensure that Avenue Code exceeds expectations.
- Qualify client “people” needs and establish plan towards a solution.
- Focus on continued relationship building.
- Solidify Avenue Code’s presence in the local marketplace through consistent participation in networking organizations and events.
- Strategize with Avenue Code stakeholders to accomplish goals.
In your typical week at Avenue Code New York you will:
- Spend as much time as possible at the client site to become familiar with the environment and the main stakeholders.
- Be the sole account owner and the face of Avenue Code with East Coast clients.
- Organize account plans with organizational mapping to ensure appropriate execution of strategy.
- Define a strategy to further penetrate those accounts and network with client managers.
- Engage with the teams in Brazil and on the West Coast to sync up on the day to day operations.
- Have fun!
- 3+ years of Account Management, ideally working with a portfolio of multiple accounts (3 - 6 or more) where balancing sometimes conflicting priorities is common practice.
- A plus if you Client Success or Account Management experience in the IT/Software industry (IT consultancy).
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Solid Excel skills (data manipulation essential, pivot tables) are a nice-to-have.
- Strong memory and attention to detail are a MUST.
- Interest and/or experience in Technology in a broad sense; preferably experience selling IT solutions and/or managed IT services.
- Negotiation, communication and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced business environment.
- Personable and friendly, empathetic towards people.
- You are someone who is willing to go the extra mile and interested in being responsible for growth of the company
- Bachelor degree or higher.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!