Avenue Code is the leading software consultancy focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor’, and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our teams.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Sr. UI Engineers to join our ecommerce engineering team. You must have demonstrated experience building innovative, intuitive, scalable and reliable web applications. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the architecture, design and delivery of cutting edge experiences used every day on the web by people you may know.
The Sr. UI Engineer designs, delivers and supports front-end ecommerce development of isomorphic web/mobile experiences, working closely with Product Managers, Technical Leads, Solution Architects, other Software Engineers and SDETs/Quality Engineers in a highly collaborative environment. The ecommerce team is dynamic, fast paced, and highly collaborative.
The ideal candidate must be able to thrive in an environment where change though experimentation, iteration and evolution is constant. The ecommerce development team embraces Agile - where all roles closely collaborate with one another to own all aspects of new customer experiences. The ecommerce team is self-organizing. This means engineers need to take initiative to pick up new stories and reach out to one another when they need assistance to ensure product stories are complete. Likewise, engineers need to be available and willing to assist other engineers and teammates when they need assistance. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must for this position.
- 7+ Years proven track record delivering large scale ecommerce web/mobile applications
- Expert at full stack development using React for web/mobile systems
- Extensive past successfully delivering intuitive UI experiences as scalable universal (isomorphic) applications
- Expert knowledge of HTML5/CSS/XML/JSON
- Expert knowledge of RESTful services
- Strong technical thought leadership delivering and influencing adoption of reusable components, styles and template driven designs
- SEO savvy
- Highly collaborative and engaging within a team environment
- Ability to prepare and present potential technical solutions and advise product partners, team and stakeholders on approach and tradeoffs
- Ability to champion major technical transformation initiatives within the organization
- Demonstrated passion for end-to-end ownership of solutions
- Passion for peer review – participate in and conduct design and code reviews
- Proven understanding of Agile development methodologies
- 2 years of experience in agile practice using Jira
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and tools
- Experience with test driven development tools/techniques
- Dedicated to delivering quality solutions covered by automated testing
- Exposure to AWS and other cloud services
- Knowledge and application of ADA web standards
- Relentlessly keeps up-to-date on new and emerging technologies
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!