Avenue Code is the leading software consultancy focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor’, and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our teams
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Escalation Engineer, that will spend
time resolving tickets that other engineers could not resolve and training team members to
support our client base to provide our clients with outstanding service. With strong knowledge of
the Windows.net environment. You must have demonstrated experience with Windows VMs with
IIS and other .net services. You should have experience with Azure, WVD/RDS/Terminal Services,
Networking, O365, and MS cloud technologies. The ideal candidate has “a developer mindset”, is
adaptive and not afraid to chase issues outside of the core Windows boundary, having strong
communication skills with internal staff and clients, strong analytical, strategic, and
problem-solving skills.***remote for now and after the pandemic, it will be necessary to work on a hybrid model in the Montreal office.
- Maintain a website in a Windows stack: Windows IIS SQLServer ASP.Net.
- Troubleshoot, analyze issues and pinpoint them.
- Play the role of a Windows Server administrator/engineer (and Active Directory) as that’s
- where the core expertise is needed.
- Manage Azure infrastructure
- Manage Conditional Access rules/policies
- Assist developers with IDE/toolchain problems
- Responsible for time entry, updating our ticketing system and completing documentation
- Interact with clients to interpret their needs and requirements and to represent Centaris
- in the field.
- Perform overall quality control of the work other engineers are doing and assist as
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- The ability to make proper recommendations or correct large systemic issues at clients.
- Responsible for installing, replacing, upgrading, and recommending new hardware and
- other managed services.
- Mentor and grow less experienced engineers throughout the organization.
- Experience preferred but not all required
- MSP experience is helpful but not required.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications
- and operating systems.
- Experience with MS Azure, Intune, WVD, M365, and O365 migrations.
- Experience with SharePoint and Teams.
- Experience with RDS deployments.
- Experience with Server Migrations, DNS, and DHCP.
- Advanced technical support and the ability to troubleshoot at the network level: WAN and
- LAN connectivity, Layer 2/3 switching, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Experience with IPv4 and the ability to design networks
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems,
- and network systems.
- Experience with Cisco, HP and Meraki switches.
- Experience with Meraki, Cisco, Unifi WAP’s.
- Experience with Cisco and Sonicwall firewalls/routers.
- Experience with VMware up to version 7.0
- Experience with HP and Dell SAN’s.
- Experience with Server 2003-2019.
- Experience with Office 365, and Exchange 2003-2019 migrations/deployments.
- Experience with SSL certifications and implementation/renewal of certificates
Nice to Have:
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and communicate effectively.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Self-motivated and driven with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder! #LI-Remote .