Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at our company, the sky's the limit on the impact you can have on the business. All of our teams engineer and deploy their own code, but rely on us for guidance and best practices. Our application stacks vary: Java, Ruby, node.js, java, python; we use Chef for orchestration and AWS for our cloud technologies.
- You show a strong sense of ownership.
- You’ll be able to exhibit mastery of at least one core devops component: build and release, elastic application support, automation, or orchestration.
- You aren’t daunted by continuous integration and believe in rapid, easy, and frequent deployment schedules.
- You believe in the importance of measuring app performance and real user transaction testing.
- You want to continuously improve systems and processes.
- You’ve contributed to small software projects in some capacity.
- You understand the importance of automating all the things.
Required Qualifications/Technical Skills:
- 8+ years of experience of Software Development experience, primarily in a DevOps role supporting development teams with AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Strong experience with Amazon commercial cloud (AWS, EC2, S3, Elastic Load Balancing, Auto scaling, etc.)
- Experience building build and release pipelines.
- Demonstrated experience with continuous integration and deployment and a broad range of build and release tools and associated scripting: Jenkins, Hudson, TeamCity, Maven, Ant, Capistrano, Archiva etc.
- Deep experience on scaling web architectures.
- Solid scripting skills in PowerShell, Python, Bash, or Ruby.
- Strong expertise with managing Java, C++, Ruby, or other object-oriented language stacks.
- A practical perspective on software engineering disciplines and how they intersect with infrastructure and operations.
- Orchestration expertise in any modern framework: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Cloud Formation, Opsworks, etc.
- Git/Github.com workflow and repository management expertise.
- Insatiable desire to make systems more reliable and consistent over time.
- Ability to work independently and own projects from conception to release.
- Bachelor of Computer Science (BScs), Computer Engineering (BSCE) or related BS degree.
- DevOps environment: Chef, GitHub, Team city (CI part), Terraform builds OS systems, AWS
Does that sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!