Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We prefer the word "partner" over "vendor" and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
We are looking or a Technical Support Lead to join our full-time team in Jacksonville, FL.
About the Opportunity:
The Technical Support Lead is responsible for the day to day site monitoring of our internal and external systems health. In this position, you will be responsible for the continuous monitoring and management of the networks, systems and order management to ensure alarms are received/acknowledged and processing procedures are followed. You will also be responsible for generating and processing incident tickets for technical support and service. Position will identify alarms, raise requests and will perform basic diagnostics of the problem and escalate it as required to the appropriate Level 3/4 Engineers or 3rd Party Service Providers.
Where the customer problem requires deeper technical knowledge, the position will be responsible for escalating the request/alarm to the appropriate Level 3/4 support group in a timely manner for troubleshooting and resolution. Additionally, you will retain overall ownership of the system alert/incident, unless relieved by senior staff.
The Technical Support Lead will monitor actions, monitoring progress, monitoring SLA’s, and perform proactive escalations when problems are identified. Utilizing the Kace & Service Now management System, the Technical Support Lead will ensure customer entitlements and/or SLA’s are monitored, managed, and problems are tracked within the ticketing system with root causes identified in the case of failure to comply with commitments.
Responsibilities and Required Experience:
- 2 years minimum experience in remote support, helpdesk, network administration and support activities in multi-user network environments. OR Associates/Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field
- Recent experience with Linux is required for this role
- Proficiency with desktop OSs, including Windows 7, 8.1, 10 as well as MAC environments
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Office 2010-2016) in a business environment (including Office 365)
- Familiarity with Windows Domain environments
- Troubleshooting skills/knowledge, including network issues, printers, scanners
- Familiarity with common business office devices, including printers, scanners, fax, and multifunction devices
- Proactively monitor issues and ensure ITIL processes are followed along with meeting customer service level requirements
- Familiarity with networking equipment: routers, firewalls, wireless devices & switches
- Service Now & KACE Experience a HUGE plus
- Manage the issues, if necessary, with 3rd party vendors.
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- The ability to understand and follow established business practices at all times is necessary.
- Exercise the highest level of confidentiality and ethical standards at all times.
- Willingness to do other team projects as needed.
Required Qualifications and Technical Skills:
- At least 1 years of experience in service desk/engineering environment
- Experience or knowledge of KACE, Solarwinds, PRTG, GOMEZ, Service Now or other monitoring solutions preferred
- Knowledge of concepts and the use of network management toolsets.
- Knowledge of concepts and the use of Active Directory and Exchange Management tools
- 1-2 years’ experience in a IT oriented Call Center preferred
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Some knowledge of data and / or voice transport technologies, topologies, standards and infrastructure are desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience using ERP, trouble-ticketing and service management systems preferred
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with others
- Ability to be effective at various levels of internal and external customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Applicant’s skills should be weighted based on the following factors:
- Ability to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction thru their interactions with the customer.
- Ability to remain calm and confident in a stressful situation required
- Ability to multi-task and to perform intangible duties
- Able to work up to 12-hour shift patterns based upon a 7X24X365 operation
- Able to be flexible with work schedule based upon a 7X24X365 operation
- Ability to resolve issues and problems, following set practices and procedures.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!