Avenue Code is the leading software consultancy focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor’, and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our teams.
About the Opportunity:
In this role you will administer database technology and systems responsible for supporting our ecommerce and fulfillment systems. You will be responsible for backup, recovery, performance tuning, security, auditing, optimization, capacity planning, and intersystem connectivity. You will be able to develop automation and work with innovative teams who strive to optimize work-streams and collaborate to ensure success.
- Maintain the ongoing operational functionality and efficiency of production databases ensuring system performance, availability, reliability, security, recoverability and efficient usage of infrastructure resources.
- Perform the capacity planning required to maintain standard expected growth of databases based on observed demands.
- Ensure database system security, change management, backup and recovery are maintained in compliance with corporate, state and federal regulations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve database related issues surrounding storage, performance, availability, data integrity and security and provides technical support to application development teams.
- Automate database management, maintenance and processing activities to ensure consistency and stability.
- Understand modern networks and operating systems as they pertain to database system architecture and functionality.
- Train users, document systems and answer questions pertaining to the databases and their interactions.
- Provide and maintain User Access Schemas for each the of database.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views and sequences, packages and procedures.
- Evaluates new releases of Databases and their tools, or third-party products.
Required Technical Skills and hands-on knowledge:
- Requires a BS Degree and or 8-15 years of prior relevant experience
- Mastery knowledge and hands-on usage of MS SQL Server, Cassandra, and Oracle
- Expert hands-on level of installation/configuration, patching, troubleshooting, performance tracking/tuning, backup/recovery, remote monitoring
- Extensive knowledge of other databases like MySQL, Postgres, No SQL databases and In-memory databases
- Performance Tuning and Optimization, AWR, SSIS, SSRS, backups, restores/recovery models
- Experience running OEM, Grid manager, TOAD and other Oracle tools
- Experience developing SQLloader Data loading/unloading scripts, stored procedures that process and modify existing data
- Creating database jobs to execute ad-hoc PL/SQL as well as procedures used to validate data, modify data, or gather table and index statistics at regular intervals.
- Experience managing databases in a medium/large (200+ databases) enterprise environment
- Experience deploying, troubleshooting, administering and using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7. x
- Proficient at scripting using at least two languages: bash, sh, PowerShell, python, ruby, etc.
- Knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management
- ITSM products (i. e. Jira or ServiceNow) CRQ/WO/INC/KMS management
- Experience with Oracle Identity Management Suite
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 – 2016
- Deploying, troubleshooting, administering and using Microsoft Windows 2012 R2
- Using tools such as New Relic, AppDynamics, Nagios, VMware and/or Splunk
- Knowledge of configuration and auto deployment tools (Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- Familiarity with source and artifact control, configuration and knowledge management
- Supporting project teams in all phases of SDLC
- Large-scale migrations of enterprise applications
- Proficient in supporting recoverability and continuity of business operations
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!