Avenue Code is the leading software consultancy focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor’, and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our teams.
About the opportunity:
The Project Manager is responsible for stakeholder management (executives included), team leadership, facilitation, organization and monitoring/reporting of project activities, under the direction of enterprise leadership. This role at time may be responsible for development of project budgets, generation and distribution of forecasting, financial management, 3rd party relationships both internal and external.
- Facilitate complex software discovery and development stages using multiple project management frameworks (bimodal: traditional & agile)
- Function as Scrum Master as needed and facilitate daily activities for project team
- Oversee the day-to-day progress of the project(s), communications of all activities and release initiatives with regards to timelines, financial management including forecasting and vendor (3rd Party) relations
- Understand and display traits of servant leadership as well as strong soft skills such as listening and other communication skills to meet team needs
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other Avenue Code Project Managers, Coordinators and Engineering team
- Assist the Program Managers, or Project Management leadership with daily duties as defined by the engagements/project including performance measurements
- Identify, manage and escalate issues (blockers) and risks that need support or action
- Proactively seeks opportunities for improving collaboration within and between teams
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM or CSP, advanced degrees welcome
- ToastMasters, equivalent public speaking course, Innovation Games preferred
- 5-7 years of professional experience in project management
- Proficient use of enterprise project management softwares
- Healthy understanding of of Release Management activities
- Excellent communication, facilitation, leadership and motivational skills
- Critical thinking, problem solving skills, delegation and negotiation
- Communication skills, team collaboration, conflict management and stress tolerance
- Planning, organizing, adaptability, multiple facilitation methods & practices
- Self direction and motivation, decision-making, leadership and ability to influence
Does this sound like you? Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!